Calling all you Secret Santas! Can YOU give a gift this Christmas? We love to pop in a toy and book in each giftbag that goes out. At Christmastime, this is especially poignant for families who have nothing. With demand for our service the highest it’s ever been, we really need more good quality toys.
We’re looking for teams who’d like to collect toys for Christmas.
Work teams, departments, groups of friends – you can all help us to get toys out to kids who otherwise won’t have any.
We can arrange to collect toys from you, or you are more than welcome to arrange to drop them off at our unit in Ratho! Come see how it all works!
Toys can be new, or nearly new.
A lot of care and attention goes into each giftbag of clothes, so it’s important to be able to give each child a toy of the same high standard.
You can help us by following the toy guidelines outlined below.
For more info and to arrange collections, please get in touch with our Fiona.
Thank you! x
Here’s what we CAN take:
- baby toys (up to 12mths) must be brand new
- brand new cuddly toys
- all toys to be in original packaging (please – no plastic bags with ‘bits’!)
- boxes in great condition (no rips, or sellotape)
- jigsaws complete
- games complete
- books in great condition (no writing, ripped pages or split spines)
What we can’t take:
- no cuddly toys, unless new
- incomplete games, jigsaws
- scooters, skateboards, bikes, rollerblades
- play furniture (eg. mini kitchen)
- play mats
- baby gyms
- played with baby toys under 12mths
- colouring in books with pages used
- tatty books